The End (of Lockdown) is Nigh!
There’s much speculation around the actual content of the ‘Route Map’ out of Lockdown that’s due to be announced by the government on Monday. But without doubt and at last, the reopening and returning to business is on the horizon.
But while as yet we’re unsure of the timeline, we can begin to plan for our return.
Here’s a short checklist to help with that planning.
- Do we have a Covid Team?
- Much has changed in the last 11 months – do our Covid Team still work with us?
- Consider if there are any knowledge gaps in the team.
- is our existing internal and external signage adequate?
- Does it signpost the direction and indicate the activity that is expected?
- Check that there are NHS Covid QR codes at all entrances.
- Check for missing/damaged posters/stickers/floor vinyls that need replacing.
PPE, surface cleaners & sanitiser gel
- Check stock levels of hand gel, face masks, face shields, surface cleaners, disposable gloves and aprons.
Protecting the workplace
- Do we need to implement a rapid testing procedure?
- Consider if this would be for staff, visitors or both.
- Produce a plan detailing how the testing would be managed. (This could be useful)
- Check that you are adequately covered with sanitiser stations
- Review the suitability of sneeze guards on reception desks/counters where contact with others is regular and/or relatively close.
You might also find it useful to run through some scenarios as this can help highlight any gaps in your plan. For example:
Visitor arrival – look at it through the eyes of someone from outside of the business.
– is the signage clear and informative to a visitor?
– does it tell me what is expected of me?
– a visitor arrives without a facemask. Do we have a disposable mask to give them?
I’m sure these pointers will prompt further areas of investigation for you but if you’d like to discuss a particular area, please feel free to send me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to top-up your stocks you can order signage and supplies online from our Covidessential.online website.